Pulham Mill

This site is all that remains of James Pulham & Sons’ extensive factory from 1845.  The family were well known for creating beautiful artificial landscapes, follies and grottos, along with very high quality terracotta garden ornaments. Examples of their work can be seen across the country in gardens of both local and international importance, such as High Leigh in Hoddesdon and Buckingham Palace, London. Heritage Blacksmith Partnerhsip were called in by Szerelmy Conservation to conserve the remaining ironwork that held the horse drawn puddling mill together and the iron strapping and supports for the kiln.